Saturday, May 31, 2008

Revision of May goals.

So, how did I do?

Goal #1 - Don't abuse any player under any circumstances.

DONE. As tempting as it was, or as frustrated as I got against people calling with K high or hitting their 2 outer on the river, I didn't abuse a single player or hand. Looking back, I'm still convinced when I did it, it only made matters worse for my own state of mind. So someone makes an unbelievably shocking call and wins, how does me abusing them help me achieve what I'm after? It doesn't! Last month I just bit my tongue, and stayed focused on what I had to do.


Goal #2 - Play with discipline - walk away when going down NOT going broke.

DONE. (but can always get a little better at it). My personal biggest challenge by far. That undesirable need to 'make it back' after a losing session can send even the best in the world broke. So many times I would lose 50% or 70% and refuse to leave the table or call it quits, I had to get it back before I called it a day. More often than not, I would not only lose, I would re-buy and lose again. Anyone that plays enough poker can relate to this. Without discipline, I can forget taking this game seriously. I am happy with results for this goal, but I can always get better.


Goal #3 - Start to Multi-Table cash games - starting with 4 tables - aim for $5/hour on .01-.02.

FAIL. Failure for what I feel is a good reason. May 11th, I transferred to Noble poker to exclusively play SnG's. After such success in SnG's, and the odd MTT, I re-evaluated my options and decided that I am more profitable on SnG's. I failed in this goal because I didn't feel I would gain much. At this stage I still have a lot to learn with ring games, especially multi tabling ring games. I feel I will re-visit this goal, or one very similar, in the next coming months.


Goal #4 - Bankroll at month end to equal - $159.20.

DONE. My proudest achievement. I can't explain how happy I am with my financial month end results. Even though I ended far beyond what I'd hope for, even if I had ended with $159.20, I'd still be ecstatic, the fact that I ended with $217.57, makes that so much better. I hit this part on May 15, re-set the goal to achieve $200, and hit that May 24, went on a little tilt playing ring games which put mt under, then got it back over on May 28 and didn't look back.

Overall? I couldn't be happier with a better month. I still find it hard to be playing such small stakes, but I just remind myself of the following which helps me keep focused. "The journey of 1000 miles begins with 1 step".

May 1st 2008 - Bankroll = $106.13
May 31st 2008 - Bankroll = $217.57

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a fantastic effort! If you can keep this up - you'll be well on the way.

You seem to have got the hang of the 3 rules of on-line poker: bankroll management, bankroll management, and bankroll management.

Just promise me that if you end up down next month, that you don't pack it in! Just work up from your new bankroll and get back on the horse. (Not the H.O.R.S.E.)