Thursday, May 29, 2008

Going back to Poker Stars.

With the current bankroll just over $200, following my rules, I am now positioned to move up a level. When I first started SnG’s on Poker Stars, I was grinding away on the 9 players, $1.20. These games completely did my head in! It wasn’t really the stakes that upset me; it was the fact that these games are non-turbo. With blinds being increased every 10 minutes I was frustrated with the pace of play. Online SnG’s typically are finished with 45 minutes, with non-turbo games going for up to 1 hour & 20 minutes it was doing my head in.

Once I’d moved over to Noble and was properly cashed up, I was playing 12 players, $2.40 buy-ins. After 71 games in 16 days I had a ‘in the money’ rate of 49.3% and ‘return on investment’ of 46.5% I was missing Poker Stars, primarily because the interface and variety of games, in my opinion, is the greatest offered in the online poker world.

So tonight, transferred some funds into Poker stars and played 2 games. First game finished 7th and, yes, 1st in the second game. My bankroll as of tonight supports 61 buy-ins. should I have a bad run and drop to <51 buy-ins, I have no problem going back to Noble to grind back up.

To end, I wanted to show the final hand that won me the tourney, I couldn’t really have asked for a better outcome.

No comments: