Sunday, June 1, 2008

Goals for June 2008.

This month, am setting 2 goals, both with heavy emphasis on money.

1. Bankroll at month end to equal - $326.36

Last month I set myself a goal of having a 50% increase on my total bankroll. Even though I achieved 105%, I’m by no means going to get greedy or cocky. I was happy with a target of 50% so I’m sticking with it. Having also recently readjusted my primary rule of buying into ring games for 2% as opposed to last months 5%, even though I’m playing with more cash, my limits to play will be going up slower.

Last month I profited $111.14, this month to hit 50% I need $108.79. So for me to hit 50% I still need to make around the same amount of money that I did last month and do this while playing the same games, maybe a couple higher ones.

2. Tighten up on my ring games.

Overall I played for 25.45 hours last month and ended up with a loss of $1.97 in ring games. Yes, I had some wins, but I also had some big losses. Even though I know my money is mainly in SnG’s I still need to work on my ring games. From the data that I have, I saw an average of 32.57 flops, this is far too high. I’m hoping to get this number down to around 25% and show a profit at the end of the month.

I’m also planning on recording some sessions and posting them on the web, hopefully some of my peers can take a look at my game play for analysis and offer their feedback & suggestions.

Once again, the aim of the goal is to have a clear focus with a determined outcome and not let the bad days get in the way of achieving something great at the end of the month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The problem with setting yourself monetary targets is that they are totally out of your hands! You know you can play perfectly all month and still lose your entire roll.

I've also found that in the past if I set a money goal I tend to chase that target rather than play my A-game.

Good luck in June though!