Friday, June 6, 2008

How could I forget that greed = failure!

Last night, for as long as I can remember I had my worst poker session ever, I'm not exaggerating. 12 $3.40 SnG's 11 losses & 1 2nd. I do not remember feeling worse than I felt last night, and honestly, still feel right now. I started with 4 tables at once, within the first 2 minutes I table drew my KK pre-flop, standard in a micro SnG game in level 1 there was like 6 limpers so I raised about 8bb to cut off the limpers and got re-raised. Paused for a few moments worried about AA, but, generally in the first few minutes of a micro SnG, you'll find that people re-raise with garbage, GENERALLY.

Flop came, 8 6 2 rainbow. I lead out with 50% of my remaining stack, opponent shoved in, I call instantly. Can you guess what he turned up? Yes, I should have trusted my instincts. To be honest, that really didn't even upset me that much. So I got knocked out of 1 game with KK vs AA, who cares, it happens. I went on to lose the other 3 games, which for me is odd as I've been averaging at least 2 cashes out of 4 tables. After a break i decided, I've had one unlucky run, it surely cant happen again. Booted up another 4 games and guess what happened. NO CASHES.

Left bewildered and scratching my head I said to myself, I'm not going to mess with my own head. I know I'm better than this. I wont focus on making back what I've lost, I'm going to play my A game and forget what just happened. So I booted up my final 4 games, win lose or draw, this was it for the night. 3 losses & 1 2nd.

So, where do I go from here. Is it time to pack it in and stop chasing such a crazy dream? HELL NO. I had a bad night, it happens, the main thing is to focus on the goal and let nothing deter me. How will I play tonight? Do i chase my losses from yesterday or do I concentrate on what I need to do tonight to contribute towards my month end goal?

CONCENTRATE! Given the shocking performance from last night, I have to make $5.06 per day, every day to hit my goal. This is definitely achievable. So rather than jumping online tonight and making back my $31 dollars I lost last night, this is a fresh session, and I'm going to do what I do best.

No comments: