Monday, June 16, 2008

The rest of the month will be one big grind.

It has been an absolute dismal result for June so far. I started the month with a bankroll of $227.17 and I'm currently on $195.15 which is a loss of $32.02. In my travels I've discovered a game which proves to have a rather large ITM rate. Pacific Poker offer SnG's that are "double or nothing". Buy-in is $2.20 - 10 players - top 5 get $4. Even though this game takes around 30 minutes to complete, and to be honest is utterly boring and very little skill involved, it's proving to be a bit of a cash cow. I'm off my game a little this month. I've been getting greedy, playing too many games at once and trying to hit unrealistic targets. I think last months result blew my head up a bit too much.

A comment left by a fellow poker player, Matthew Pitt - website made a very good comment. Matthew mentioned if I only focus on a monetary value, I will not be focused on playing A grade poker, which is exactly where my focus should be. Matthew, you were dead right and I thank you for your comments and feedback.

For the next 15 days, I'll be grinding it out on these SnG's over at pacific & also preparing my training on micro stakes FL NLHE with Munchrs. Will keep posting updates of results over at pacific.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought I was getting the credit for telling you to focus on the poker rather than the money return!! :o)

Custo said...

Now G, you know your a lot more responsible for a lot more than that. Why, listing everything you've helped with will be a post in itself

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shoutout!

Oh and I agree that poker is the hardest way tomake easy money.I also think it's by far the most frustrating way too! LOL!