Saturday, September 20, 2008

4th out of 1044 = very nice pay day!


Today I had the biggest win I've had to date. $281.61 profit! It took 6 hours & 8 minutes until I was eliminated in 4th position. I really had the feeling today that my game is getting to a new level, not the best level, but a better level than it was 12 months ago. This win must have sky-rocked my bankroll, now I'm really looking forward to seeing the numbers at the end of the month.

For re-living the experience purposes I'm embedding my biggest and most memorable hands. Sit back, press play, and enjoy the ride.

Aces played to perfection.

Getting AA pre-flop is one thing, the next step is to get maximum value from them. Fortunately I did in this hand.

Lucky deuces

When the first pre-flop raise came, I considered laying down, but after 2 other callers I was getting good odds to call. With villains river bet of $150, I was a little worried that me going all-in would have scared him off so I bet enough to induce a call. Once I saw his hand, he probably would have called anyway.

9's hold

After villains post flop call of my raise I honestly didn't know what to think. When he called my re-raise after the flop, I put him on K with weak kicker, lucky he was chasing with A high and didn't hit.

Lucky deuces again

To be honest, nothing overly exciting to most viewers about this hand but it was special to me. Opponent had a nice chip lead on the whole table and was playing very loose. Once he called my pre-flop raise I knew I'd bet between .5 - .75 of the pot blind, normally I'd miss the flop and fold.

Can't win them all.

Coin flip, I lost. Go on tilt or focus more? I choose focus more.

TY sir.

I suppose villains M was about 5 so going allin can't really be argued with. Lucky I had him dominated.

This is the hand to watch - SICK FLOP!

And to think I almost go involved aswell.

I can crack ACES baby. (part 1)

Opponents biggest problem, he shouldn't have limped pre-flop. Had he have raised 3x BB I would have either called or even folded. Once he came over the top I was too committed to fold. But I will admit, I SUCKED OUT.

My poor opponent.

Wrong step at the wrong time, but not for me.

Nice big pot but.....

I regret betting so strong on the turn.


I can crack ACES baby. (part 2)

Cracking aces once is huge but man I got lucky to crack them twice. It was after this hand I knew I was up for something big today.

I don't believe you have it sir.

I really have no idea what his thinking patter was. Bet 9K on the flop, 3K on the turn then 6K on the river. Glad I flat called him all the way. Not the most professionally played hand, but it dragged a nice pot for me.

The days when you just can't miss.

Yes, I sucked out again. Someone really liked me today :)

FINAL TABLE TIME!




All that started going through my head now was my last FT at the same game back in July. Read about that one here - Last FT at $5 MTT.

I did not want to come 9th again, no matter what!


Just when you need to win a coin flip.

PHEW!

I've eliminated someone (part 1)


It's all over for today

Beyond short stacked, I flop a straight and lose to a boat.

1 comment:

Chris Masiero said...

Custo, I'm actually starting to believe brotha.

So fix me up with sum uv yo leet poker skills.

Chris.