Thursday, September 4, 2008

Finally a winning day.

04/09/08. I'm no mathematician, but I must have made money today. As per everyones advice I tried playing the $6 game on stars again, but this time I played it without playing anything else. Guess the outcome? First place. Instantly a $20 profit.

There was a hand I'll never forget that took place in this SnG. I have no idea why this guy did what he did but I wont complain. See below.



I understand going all in on a bluff if you first to act, that's fine but who the hell calls a completely missed flop for their tournament life. Oh well, helped my stack.

Later in the same tournament I had one hand that I felt I really played well. It was one of those hands very every decision on every serious of betting was the correct decision and allowed me to get the maximum value for that hand. See below.



Once I flopped the flush I knew that flat calling him all the way was the best way to get as many chips as I could. Raising him on the flop I felt may have scared him off. I generally don't bet so passively in heads up, but this hand was perfect for it. Subsequently it gave me a massive chip lead and set me up for the tournament win.

After my SnG success I decided to play the 3pm $3.30 MTT. This game normally attracts around 1500 people. I had no cashes in this game the past 2 days, mainly to being card dead and over-playing some bad hands early on to try and get a big kick start early. Today I lasted 2hrs & 53mins giving me a result of 120th out of 1602 players. Being a $3.30 MTT I didn't receive the biggest payout but I did get a 89.39% ROI, and a positive ROI, to me, is what it's all about.

I went out in style in the MTT, just unlucky to run into the hand I did.



AK vs AA! Can't do anything about that.

Aside from the $6 SnG win and the place in the MTT I played 2 SnG's at Noble with no success. Felt like playing some multi tables so fired up 4 $3 games back at stars and surprise surprise, 2 losses 1 3rd and 1 win.

Positive day all round. Glad I played the 1 $6 will stick with that until I've figured out how to multi table them. If I get the urge to multi table, there's always enough $3 games to go around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With the hand replays - I can't see your hole cards until showdown. Did you mean to do that?