Monday, August 4, 2008

Now we can see how much I made in July.

First off, what I did last month was by far the best decision I feel I've made this year. To see my theory click here - forget the money! Not reconciling daily meant I focused on games individually rather than worrying about making x per day. I am proud to say that I made the most money last month out of the year so far.

Bankroll @ July 1st = $229.40
Bankroll @ July 31st = $475.69

Admittedly I did have a substantial boost from a $95 cash when I placed 9th in a $5.50 MTT. I also was able to make over $150 playing $3 SnG's. I attribute my financial success to the fact that money was not my concern. Of course I was thinking about it, and even at times could guess where I was at, but becasue I focused more on playing I did better.

Sufficed to say, I decided today to do exactly the same again. I was telling DR.G that waiting 1 month killed me, I was so curious about where my bankroll was at I couldn't wait, but if I'm going to get results like that by not paying attention, I'm more than happy to wait another month to reconcile.

On a really positive note, with my new bankroll I am now cashed up to move up a level in my SnG's. Started playing the $6.50's. Will keep posting throughout the month, but if you want to know how much I'm making, you'll have to wait until August 31st, just like me.

3 comments:

Icemonkey9 said...

Congrats on the positive month man, you will see a little bit better play at the $5 sng level but it's the same at $10. From there the $20 - $100 level SNG people are all pretty much the same. I think you are ready to dominate!

ChuckTs said...

Congrats Custo

Keeping your focus on your play rather than your winnings/losses is a huge factor in being a winning player. I have to say it's one of the biggest detriments to my game at the moment. You should be proud you have the will power to ignore the results :)

gl

Anonymous said...

ibkuqAwesome! Looking forward to checking on your balance!