Saturday, August 9, 2008

Just > 50% ROI per hour.

Once again, Saturday morning had arrived and I'd decided on playing my usual 11:00am $5.50 tournament. These suit me rather well, as I've generally been awake for at least an hour, maybe sometimes less. With the primary focus on cashing, I'm proud, yet upset to have a place of 41st out of 1,386 entrants. Given an ROI of over 250%, I know I'm bound to crack this tournament soon. The cashes are a good sign, constantly growing the bankroll, but I cant wait for the first place on one of these games.

My past 3 attempts at this one game were:
41st out of 1,386
112th out of 1,297
9th out of 1,464

It must be coming!

Anyways, this tournament provided more nail-biting, seat clenching hands I'd been involved in for quite some time. As much as I'd like to post them all, you'll probably never have time to finish this post. So, to tell the perfect story I'm posting the most interesting hands encountered throughout today's tournament.

Enjoy.

First big hand of the game.


Background. This table was full of loose aggressive players. I knew with 5 to the flop, hitting top set, others would lead out for me. Once there was an all-in on the turn, flat calling was the perfect move. Generally I'd come over the top and commit then and there, but given the history of how the table was playing any cards could have come on the turn and river and I still knew I would win.

The very next hand.


Another massive pot early on.


Break for a while. For about the next 90mins, NOTHING. I made it to the money, but slowly dwindled away, until this.

We all have to get lucky sometimes.


Thank god for bad bluffers.


Nice big pot to get me back.


QQ really loved me today.


What was he thinking?


Nail in the coffin.


That's all she wrote folks. Once again a positive return which is the main focus at the moment. Lets keep on trying.

How's my BR for this month? I have no idea (but I suspect it's going up). 22 more days to go and we'll all find out.

No comments: