Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Slowing down to move forwards.

So far so good, the cash games are showing success, slow success granted but success none the less. Playing cash is proving to be a little frustrating simply because I’m on such a lower limit on these games opposed to SnGs and even MTTs. I’ve been 4 tabling since the start of the month on 5NL and so far I’ve only had 1 losing session out of 9. The losing session, completely my fault I played very impatiently and made some unbelievably stupid calls with no implied odds at all.

Overall the cash game BR is growing which is a good thing and I’m really hoping to be on 10NL but the start of April. I’m probably most happy about the 8 out of 9 winnings sessions. All sessions are generally 60-90 minutes of 4 tables and net profit anywhere from $2 - $10. The finalised BRM system for cash games is below. I haven’t yet envisioned what it will be like playing beyond 200NL but will probably re-assess when the time comes.

2NL 20 Buy-Ins
5NL 25 Buy-Ins
10NL 30 Buy-Ins
25NL 35 Buy-Ins
50NL 40 Buy-Ins
100NL 45 Buy-Ins
200NL + 50 Buy-Ins

Cash games aside, a massive accomplishment is the last 2 180 player SnGs I’ve played I’ve finished 3rd in each one! The only thing I’m kicking myself for is the first game was $12 netting me around $250, the 2nd game was only $2 netting me around $45. I was only playing the $2 for some fun and ended up doing really well in it. The new MTT strategy is proving to work much better so far.

The only area left is STT SnGs. Not much movement here at all to be honest. With so much time and focus going onto cash games the amount of SnGs played has dropped. I think I’m completely over all types of double or nothing SnGs, these games have become utterly boring with not the greatest pay-off potential. Unless I was winning a minimum of 3 out of 4 they are hardly worth the time. There is so much more potential in the 9 player ones so I’m back on them.

So that’s it so far, no massive news to report. I haven’t reconciled the month and won’t be doing so until the 28th. Main objective is a month in the black unlike last month.

Custo

3 comments:

Icemonkey9 said...

Regarding your buyin strategy for cash game poker ... I'd do this if I were you:

5nl & 10nl: 20 buyins
25nl: 25 buyins
50nl: 30 buyins
100nl: 40 buyins
200nl: 45 buyins

Above represents the gateway to the level. Usually if i donk off 4 buyins i move back down.

WVHillbilly said...

I really don't think you need more than 20 BIs up through 25nl. Play 25nl with $1000 BR is fine. I moved to 50nl with 30 BIs and I have yet to make a permanent (read successful) move to 100nl despite having more than 35 BIs.

BTW my Word Verification for this comment is "cuethe" as in boomswitch (at least I hope)!!!

Unknown said...

i was reading jakes poker blog and saw a post you made.you asked about deuces cracked video's i just thought i would also say stox poker is a little better i think for full ring i was a member at DC but now im at stox and like it way more and same price. the one place were DC is better, is that you can down load DC video's and keep, to do what you want with them =burn to DVD and watch on big screen or mobile player, on train,plane,bus taxi ect.if you are lookig for cheap site check out grinders school.com its like $30 for 3 months i think.but they are not that good "depends on teacher" but cheap. a free site that has good vids is flop turn river.com mosly 6 max there though.nice blog keep up good work.