Sunday, February 1, 2009

My first cash session. (In the Black)

I just completed my first cash session of 4 tabling FR 5NL. Ended up $6.31 59 minute session. I’ll put some stats below that I see most cash players talk about but I still have no clue what they mean, hopefully they are good.



Here's the graph.



I'm looking forward to now going over this with some CC colleagues so I can find out whether I'm doing well or I'm the luckiest donk online.

I have 6 hands below that I really need analyzed. After each vid I will explain my actions so I can learn for the future.

Hand #1

I was trying to bluff but it went wrong and I ended up sucking out majorly on the river. I tried to bluff on the flop, then use the A on the turn so scare opponent, when the river came I figured opponent has come this far surely I'll get called on the river if I shove. Bad play by me I know. Should I have just folded the flop? At least I admit I sucked out I suppose :)



Hand #2

Should I have folded the flop with 2 overs? Did I get lucky here again?

Hand #3

I only overbet the flop & turn cause the board gave a possible draw and let's face it I got a very lucky flop. But once again, did I play this correctly?

Hand #4

I only raised the flop big cause he was a short stack and tried to take it there. Once he checked the flop I figured I'm getting 3:1 and if he hasn't got the A it's mine, if he does oh well, but the odds are in my favor of him not having it, otherwise why didn't he shove the flop?

Hand #5

No word of a lie, I hit the time button after his raise on the flop and almost folded. I had to call, I don't know why but I had to see the turn. I clearly chickened out on the turn but was sure he had either 2 pair or a set, I'll never know. Should I have shoved him after his re-raise on the flop?

Hand #6

Before I justify this hand you need to know that this hand was the very next hand on the same table as hand 5 so my image may have come across like I'm on tilt.

I know I should have re-raised it pre-flop and probably bet harder on the flop. The question is did I chicken out for the right reasons?

Thanks in advance for reading and all commments, criticism, feedback and advice is welcomed, if it wasn't I wouldn't have put such goddam embarrsing hands up lol.

Custo

3 comments:

Custo said...

Thank you Mr or Mrs Anonymous. I hope that wasn't your stack I sucked out on :)

Jurn8 said...

Yo custo nice to see you have hit the micros buddy.
As I said in the thread on CC no need to bluff mate just keep it simple.
Hand 1 - flat or fold turn, he is giving you the odds to call but you dont have many outs. No need to bluff there.
Hand 2 - dont like the open limp with 9s make it 4x there. interesting you 3bet him also. I dont mind the call depending on his stats but you have pot odds.
Hand 3 - overbetting heavy drawy boards is fine but thats not over drawy. Maybe the double pot bet turn was abit much but donk shoved so its fine.
Hand 4 - standard Cbet flop would be ~$1.20 and yes he would have shoved if he had the Ace definately.
Hand 5 - I dont mind the ISO with A10 there. However he re raises flop and then small bets the turn depending on stats he could either have AJ or he may have KQ, KJ, Q10 and be on the draw but im not sure about it have to see his stats. His bet is less than half pot on the turn so im inclined to call.
Hand 6 - I dont mind the flat pre flop but we are OOP so. Cbet harder IMO needs to be 65-75% of the pot and you only bet 50%. we can see how strong our hand is then if they are raising or folding. Turn is a scare card, but what do you put him on ? whats his range here if he is a TAG/NIT then fold is ok there.

Anyway just some of my thoughts and good luck buddy.

Custo said...

Thanks Jake, I really appreciate you taking the time to read, watch and comment on everything. I should still mention that I'm doing this without a HUD so I'm finding it real hard to get reads on anybody, my eyes are flickering left, right and center trying to remember key elements of session.