Tuesday, July 1, 2008

What went wrong in June?

Was it the emphasis on a monetary goal? I think so. Not worried about playing A-grade poker and only concerned on making x per day proved my determent last month. After advise from several players, and a close mentor, Dr.G, it became obvious that focusing on making x per day playing playing x games just wont work. Focus on playing the best poker I can is the key, in turn the money will come.

I had 3 days that I can remember that damaged me the most. 2 days lost over $30 & 1 day lost $29. Taking such a hard hit made me only focus on making that back. Playing poker to make losses back was/is a huge mistake. So I suppose the main question is where do I go from here?

Due to a fortunate last couple weeks in the month, after my disgraceful losses early on, I ended up with a profit (.54%). From here, I'll take it day by day. The biggest learning experience I've ended up with is, if I have a bad run in one night, stop playing! So many times I'll play a session of multiple SnG's, lose and play again to make it back. I'm really going to enforce upon myself, if I have a bad run, tomorrow isn't that far away.

Tonight, let's see what it brings. My attitude is great, my development is better and my will to win is unstoppable. Forget about the money, playing the best I can will bring the money, focusing on the money will bring bad play.

No comments: