Saturday, July 12, 2008

A story of todays multi torunament.

Starting on a positive note, I was able to play my first $5.50 MTT today. I know my BR at the start of the month was $228.40 so to play a $5.50 MTT, following my rule of at least 50 but-ins I needed a minimum BR of $275 to play. After a brief consultation with Dr.G last night the outcome was yes, I can afford to play it. Knowing that my BR must be greater than $275 this means I am up at least $47 for the month, not to bad 12 days into the month.

With an excited perspective to play at a level for first prize in over $1,000 I started fresh and was happy with my game. Unfortunately the cards didn't agree with me.

Below you will see 7 hands that will show the story of how I had the outcome I did.

Hand #1

Donkey calls a 5x pre flop raise with 6-4. What can you do? Suck it up and move on

Hand #2

Worried about having cursed jacks, I stuck to my guns knowing I have the 4th best hand pre flop and put my trust in the poker gods. Lucky for me someone decided to re-raise me with 10-5.

Hand #3

Nothing to cry about here - got in a coin flip and didn't win, that's cool. The only question is - should I have taken what I strongly felt was a coin flip at the 4th level of blinds. Given the opportunity to replay that hand another 100 times, I'd still call.

Hand #4

AJs under the gun. I froze for a while but given the fact that blinds were high and it was the first decent holding I'd had in a while I decided to take my stand. Almost fell over when the 10 hit the flop. Vindication was mine though when I rivered my flush.

Hand #5

The very next hand! Smelling a steal for 2 reasons. 1 I just doubled against this guy and 2 he had position on me I just felt it was a steal attempt to decided to put him in with my 6's. Fortunately the favorite before the flop held up.

Hand #6

AARRGGGHHHHHHH. Are you kidding me. Re-raises pre flop with 4-5 and flops the nut straight. I've had aces cracked before but that hand clearly sucked.

Hand #7

What can I say to this? Saw the flop - turn - river. Nothing threatening on the board, was sure I was about to triple up. Super cooler, nothing I can do. At least I got eliminated by a better hand than mine before the flop.

Overall finished 347th out of 1470 players (104 spots out of the money).

Lets try again next Saturday.

1 comment:

Jurn8 said...

what the hell are some of those all ins about with 4 5, 10 3 !!!
You were unlucky not to take it down with people doing that to you mate especially with the rockets!!