Friday, March 12, 2010

Result for MiniFTOPS Event #1

So close.

So bloody close.

I came 159th out of a field of 18,875 players. Aside from the Sunday 1/4 million at PokerStars, this is the biggest field I’ve ever played in.

I got very fortunate in the early stages min raising with pocket 5s and the flop came 885. Here is the hand.



So this really set me up well given me over 130 big blinds to work with.

I thoroughly enjoyed the structure that Full Tilt offer in this game. 5000 starting chips with the blinds starting at 10/20. I’ve not played a great deal of deep stacked poker but was very comfortable with it.

I ended up playing for around 7 hours and cashed for a little over $200. I never actually intended to play this event but my good old friends Icemonkey offered to stake me with the conditions of if I bust out I pay nothing and if I cash I pay back the buy-in plus 55% of net profits. So I was happy to make some money for myself and my friend.

The event was full of Full Tilt Pros and at one stage I was on the table with Lee Watkinson.



Funnily enough Lee raised my blinds 3 times on the table and since he’s a pro, he had to have something. Right?

It does hurt to miss out on $55,000+ that was awarded for first place but once again I am proud of my accomplishment of running so deep.

I am going to look closer at the rest of the MiniFTOPS events and decide on what else to play. I'll also start playing to satellites at Stars and try and get into some SCOOP events.


Lastly I would like to say thanks to everyone at CardsChat that was on the rail for me for several hours last night. It meant a lot and really appreciate everyone’s support. Hopefully I can bring you better results shortly.

Here is the rail thread:

Rail for Custo

That's it for now.

Custo

2 comments:

buffyslayer1 said...

lee watkinson is a fish mate, i mean his really bad.

3 bet him next time

WVHillbilly said...

Nice job, sir.

Congrats to you and the Monkey.