Friday, February 12, 2010

9 out of 16 every freaking time!

For the past 2 weeks I’ve been 16 tabling double or nothing SnGs and over 80% of all my sessions have resulted in 9 wins and 7 losses meaning that I am showing the minimum profit per session.

Is this normal? Is this what is to be expected when playing so many tables?

So far my best has been 13 which I’ve done a few times and my worst has been 6.

I’m finding playing so many is helping my play a little tighter and not getting into those speculative situations. It’s also helping me avoid tilting off after standard bad beats occurring.

I remember when I used to 4 table the $16 9 player SnGs and over 60% of my results were 2 losses with 1 2nd & 1 3rd also meaning the minimum profit ever.

I’m a little lost on where I am going wrong. I don’t think dropping back on the number of tables would help much as the same thing tends to happen whether I 4table or 16table.

Where am I going wrong? I’m shoving at the correct number of big blinds left ranges yet constantly achieving the minimum.

What can I do? Or like I said, is this to be expected when mass tabling?

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

2 comments:

WVHillbilly said...

Are you sure it's not just the nature of the game that the edges are small? I mean I don't play SnGs and I have never played DoN but I would assume your edge wouldn't be that big at the $16 level.

Boom said...

Unless you are playing perfectly at the DoNs, I suggest that you cut back on the number of tables and analyze every single spot - whether it's a shove or fold.

When reviewing, go through marginal spots... run them through Wiz or post them on 2p2.