Saturday, January 10, 2009

Taking some time off & need some help.

Ok. I officially don’t know what’s going on. I have now lost everyday for 8 consecutive days. I am down $366.70 across all game types. My confidence is completely shot. I have witnessed so many disgraceful hands it driving me insane.

I won’t say online poker is rigger – because it isn’t
I won’t say I’m the unluckiest person in the world – because I’m not

For 8 days know all I’ve seen is constant AIPF situations where I have KK vs 55 and 5 hits on the flop. I shove the BB from SB with JJ and BB has QQ. I have the good old AKs vs QQ yet no A or K comes. I have 77 with QQ AIPF flop a 7 then watch that 3rd Q on the turn.

I know we all bitch and whine about it but I’ve never seen it last this long and its taken 15% of my entire BR that took me all of last year to build up.

I am off on a small holiday tomorrow for the next few days which couldn’t be coming at a better time. I need a break from poker for a while and regather my thoughts and look at my long term goals & objectives.

Upon my return I will be looking into some training, particularly for multi-tabling low limit SnGs. I had success in these games but still only consider myself an average player. I feel I went from poor to average last year. This year I want to go from average to good, good to great the year after that.

If any of my readers feel they can help please msg me via this blog or CC if you’re a member, I’ll obviously need some verifiable statistics before we start talking. The search for training is not a knee-jerk reaction to the downfall I’m suffering, it’s something I had contemplated last year, but it’s become even more obvious I need it now.

Hopefully, this will be my last bitch vent post for a while.

Thanks for reading and I am interested in hearing back from you if you believe you can assist. Help is always welcomed and rewarded.

Custo

2 comments:

Icemonkey9 said...

Sorry to hear about this downswing, but I think swings of this magnatude are possible at SNG play, and I think it's what made Belgo on CC change over to cash games. Unfortunately it's swingy there too.

I've seen some ridiculous situations on Stars since the 31st myself. Statistically improbable things. But not impossible.

The time away will be well spent and it's important that your breaks away from poker are 100% away and you don't even allow your mind to think about poker. That way your mind will be cleansed whenever its appropriate for your return.

As far as multi-tabling microstakes SNGs, I have no idea where to turn. I know StoxPoker has some videos but I am not totally sure about your specific need.

Chris Masiero said...

fancy a beer?