Thursday, April 8, 2010

I’m officially banned from all cash games at PokerStars.

After 3 weeks of just taking an absolute battering at the $5 Double or Nothing games and spiralling into an uncontrollable depression about it I did what any degenerate dumb gambler would do and started playing cash games, smart move Custo.

I won’t bore you with the details but I went from +$200 in cash in less than a week to I think a negative figure, I’m not sure, I don’t want to look at it but it probably is. I ran hotter than ever when I started then once it went to my head I started believing I can stack off 80bb deep with bottom pair against anyone cause I am better and they are just making a move…..then they call me with queens full.

I’ve not blatantly spewed of so much money like this for a while and it just sucks. So what’s the solution? No more cash games.

I saw PokerStars have an option for a “self-ban” from certain game types so I have banned myself from logging into any form of cash game there is. To be honest, it feels great. I’ve only spewed of cash coming of the back of a bad run in tourneys. If I didn’t run bad I would never have played cash. By doing this I have no option but to focus only on what I want to get better at.

Now granted the self ban can be lifted after 24 hours by emailing support but honestly if I go on uber monkey tilt its not like I’m going to email Stars, sit at the computer for 24 hours and then spew more money. So it stops me from jumping ship immediately and losing so much more.

Anyways here’s my proof, although I’m not really posting this for proof, more as my own bookmark so I can remember in years to come when I’m one of the worlds best tournament players and remember that it all happened because I finally said “no more” to cash games and started to pay attention to 1 form of poker.






So too all you cash sharks out there, you can no longer have my money :)

To all your tournament grinders, I’m coming!

2 comments:

Richard said...

No wonder you were losing...got the lesser known Boyle Brunson on the table.

Good idea, may see if full tilt do it, I have the breaking strain of a soggy kit kat sometimes.

Love the blog, keep it up.

Custo said...

TY richard. Glad you enjoy it, hopefully bring some happier news soon :)