Friday, July 17, 2009

Go Ivey Go!

I can not explain how excited I am the Phil Ivey has made the November Nine. I was watching the updates on worldseriesofpoker.com all day yesterday from the final 27 down. Every year it seems that 1 pro makes the final table yet an amateur takes it down.

2003 - Sammy Farha – Busted 2nd
2004 – Dan Harrington – Busted 4th
2005 – Mike Matusow – Busted 9th
2006 – Allan Cunningham – Busted 4th
2007 – Tuan Lam & Lee Watkinson – Busted 2nd & 8th
2008 – David ‘Chino’ Reem – Busted 7th

Every year at least 1 pro seems to make it through this monstrous fields and every year they fall short.

When I first go into poker I loved the fact that amateurs where winning the main event. Now, after playing semi-seriously for several years, I’m praying for a pro to take the title down, and I could not think of one more deserving then Phil Ivey.

Along with the rest of the poker community, I’ll be watching you Phil, good luck and take it down!

4 comments:

Surfer Earning Free said...

Wow. Phil Ivey is unbelievable. For those who say it is a game of luck.... there you go!!! Great blog and check out my poker blog when you have time. Good Luck!!!!

Amatay said...

Would be great if Ivey did ship the ME but there is a number of pro's at the final table this year mate

Custo said...

Yeah true amanty, but no-one with the same statute of Phil. Anyways I know kinda wanna see shulman win now just to see if he really abandons the bracelet. Either way this should be a damn good ME

Anonymous said...

I'd love Ivey to win but if he doesn't then I'm rooting for James Akenhead. He came so close to a bracelet last year before losing heads-up against Blair Hinkle when he was all-in preflop with Ak vs Hinkle's T4, board TT4T! Sick!