Friday, October 10, 2008

1st place baby!



I have to admit, I played this tournament to perfection (in my opinion). That is not a brag, well it is a little, but result aside, I am exceptionally happy with how I played every situation I was in. Had a good start place about 3rd when there was about 35 players left and took a horrible beat almost threw my entire game.

Had AK before the flop with blinds at 25/50. Raised to 200 with 1 caller. Flop rag rag rag, can't remember exactly but I remember it was a 7 high flop. At this time I had a little over 3K in chips and opponent had around 650. I c-bet 450 and he flat called. Turned an 8, I bet 250 he called which put him all in. River was another rag and he flipped up K8 off. I lost it! Not only did he call 4xbb pre-flop but flat called 75% off his stack with K high, not even a flush draw. Started to type abuse in chat box but before I hit enter I deleted all text reminding myself that venting of abusing will not change the situation and certainly wont win me the tournament. I think the discipline not to abuse the player, as much as I wanted to, helped to take the game down. I re-gained my composure, played a tight aggressive short stack and came back to win.

The win could not have come at a better time for me aswell as I'm coming off a couple of bad losing days. The only problem is I've been losing money on SnGs and this boosts my MTT BR. At least it's put my morale back up, next to keep grinding at SnGs and all will be well.

One for little snapshot for the road.